Creighton University was founded in 1878, is located in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, is a private Jesuit university, was named one of the UK Times Higher Education Supplement World top 400 universities. Creighton University’s scale, broad set of professional, values-centered philosophy of education is unparalleled. Creighton University student ratio is only 1:11, average class size is 22 people, and provides extensive research and internship opportunities. The school has more than 70 professionals, students can choose according to their own interests to the professional. Creighton University, a total of 7,700 students, including 4,100 undergraduates and 3,600 graduate and professional degree students studying. All students have the opportunity to work closely with world-class teachers, learning together, and communicate with students from U.S. states and 42 countries in the world to interact.
Comprehensive architecture Creighton University to provide students with excellent research and internship opportunities. According to US News reported, Creighton University is located 50 former American University in terms of providing research opportunities for undergraduates. In addition, students in the “Fortune” 500 companies practice is not uncommon, these companies are headquartered in Omaha, including Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway • Fewer than three kilometers away from the school. These unique advantages for students after graduation to enter graduate school or the inauguration of the top well-known enterprises and lay a good foundation.
Creighton University has over 200 student organizations and clubs, such as dance club, debate club, student unions, sports clubs and so on. So students can learn in a tense apart, actively participate in extracurricular activities, feelings of vitality, while the campus to enrich their school life. All students of different backgrounds can interact freely Creighton University in this family, feel diverse atmosphere of the school.
At Creighton University, students need to overcome learning difficulties, learn professional knowledge for themselves to create a good employment prospects. Creighton University students have the ability and integrity of the pillars before graduation.
More than 70 professional Creighton University include:
- Business Studies: accounting, finance, management, international business, economics, marketing
- Arts and Humanities: Fine and Performing Arts, Language and Literature, international relations, political science, health management and policy, journalism, media, computing, theology, philosophy, history, psychology, sustainable energy
- Science: chemistry, physics, biology, environmental science, sports science, atmospheric science, energy science
- Occupational specialties: medicine, dentistry, law, pharmacy, physical therapy, occupational therapy. In addition to medicine, all other professions are open to international students.
Why Creighton University?
- World University 350 strong (Times Higher Education Supplement World University Rankings)
- University ranked first in the Midwest (U.S. News And World Report)
- Provide research opportunities for undergraduates nation’s top 50 (U.S. News And World Report)
- Finance nation’s top 20 (U.S. News And World Report)
- One of the best 377 (Princeton Review 2013) School
Want students to think Creighton University is a special focus on the point, so the school dedicated to providing all the resources and support for international students to meet the diverse needs of students, for students away from home can feel the warmth. Services provided by the school include:
- Convenient campus health care facilities, student dormitories, canteen, security personnel
- Orientation unique international students
- Small classes, close interaction with professors
- One teacher professional consulting services and cultural programs
Internship / job
- Creighton University student internships or inauguration of companies: Coca-Cola, Nike, Samsung, Google, Boeing and many other multinational corporations.
- Employment rate of 2012 graduates up to 96%
- The proportion of business schools and students for internship positions 3.5:1
Intensive English Language Institute (IELI)
Intensive English Language Institute Creighton University was founded in 1979 to provide oral and written four courses. For a period of eight weeks, so that students improve English proficiency five levels within a year. Classes are small, rich experience of teachers, teaching quality is guaranteed. Creighton University offers conditional admission, admission requirements after reaching that language can learn the regular curriculum.
Creighton University students intensive English language program can be shared with other students as the school’s all the resources (such as recreation centers, clubs, libraries, etc.), especially learning English common language lab facilities. Creighton University, Intensive English Language Institute is a member of the American Association of Intensive English Programs (AAIEP)’s.
Colleges at Creighton University
- College of Arts and Sciences
- College of Nursing
- College of Professional Studies
- Graduate School
- Heider College of Business
- International Programs
- School of Dentistry
- School of Law
- School of Medicine
- School of Pharmacy and Health Professions
Creighton University values students that bring with them a strong academic record and personal character, the desire to contribute their gifts and talents to society, and great potential for success. Admission to Creighton is holistic and selective. Students are admitted after careful consideration of their entire application portfolio.
- Fill out and submit the Common Application.
- Submit one letter of recommendation. This should be from a teacher, coach, mentor, counselor, or other school official who can attest to your academic and social preparedness for study abroad.
- Request your high school transcripts be sent to Creighton University. (Official certified translations into English must be included with the original if in another language.)
- Request your test scores be sent to Creighton University. The SAT or ACT is required for students in most countries. For students who cannot submit the SAT or ACT: TOEFL or IELTS results are acceptable. Minimum score requirements for English proficiency:
–> TOEFL — 80 iBT (no sub score under 18)
–> IELTS — Overall band score of 6.5 (no sub score lower than 6)
–> Candidates who fail to meet these test score requirements will be considered for conditional admission if they meet all other academic qualifications.
- Submit any external examination results or predicted results that mark the completion of secondary school and adequate qualification for university in your home country. Examples of such tests include:–>Cambridge Examinations
–>International Baccalaureate (IB) Exams
–>West African Examinations Council (WAEC) Exams
In addition to the required credentials, students are encouraged to supplement their application in the following ways:
- Participate in a Skype, phone, or in-person interview
- Submit any certificates of major achievement or recognition
- Provide an additional recommendation letter (no more than three will be reviewed)
Certification of Available Finances
To be issued an I-20 for the F-1 student visa, students must show proof that they have adequate financial resources to support a year of study in the U.S. Please submit the Certification of Available Finances with your application and attach a bank statement or letter of support.
Creighton University reviews applications on a rolling basis. The priority deadline for admission and scholarship consideration is March 1 for the fall semester and October 1 for the spring semester.
Statement of Integrity
Creighton University values academic integrity and strongly discourages the use of third-party agents to prepare university applications. Any student found to employ or engage a third party to complete or alter any portion of the university application will be disqualified from admission consideration. In addition, admitted or enrolled Creighton students found to have violated this standard will be dismissed and the offer of admission rescinded.
Cambridge International Examinations
International O-levels and IGCSE may be recognized for matriculation purposes in some countries. Passes in 5 subjects with at least grade -C- are required for admission consideration.
A pass of at least grade -C- in O-level English satisfies the English language proficiency requirement for university entrance. Students who achieve this score do not need to present a TOEFL or IELTS score.
International A-levels are recognized for matriculation purposes. For more information on university credit for A-levels, please refer to our Cambridge A-levels policy.
Those who sit for IB examinations may be awarded university credit for outstanding achievement. For Creighton University’s policy on IB credit, please visit our Advanced Placement webpage.
|Subject||Minimum units||Recommended units|
|Algebra and Higher Mathematics||3||4|
|Natural Science (with labs)||2||3|
Challenge yourself with a solid, college preparatory curriculum that expands your academic skills. You will also enhance your application packet by participating in the International Baccalaureate Program, honors sections and Advanced Placement courses.
Creighton accepts the highest composite score on the ACT or SAT I. Creighton does not require or review the written portion of either test in its admission process.
When you register to take these tests, be sure to have your official score sent directly to Creighton (ACT code number: 2444, SAT code number: 6121). Test early and often to score as high as possible.
Tuition Fees , Accommodation Fees and Other Fees
克瑞顿大学全面的体系架构，使其为学生提供了卓越的研究和实习机会。根据US News的报道，克瑞顿大学在为本科生提供研究机会方面位于美国大学前50名。此外，学生在 “财富”500强公司实习也是屡见不鲜，这些公司的总部都设在奥马哈市，包括巴菲特旗下的伯克希尔•哈撒韦公司，距离学校只有不到三公里的路程。这些独特的优势为学生毕业后进入顶尖研究生院深造或就职知名企业打下良好的基础。
- 职业性专业：医学，牙科，法律，药剂学，物理治疗，职业疗法 除了医学之外, 其他所有专业都对国际学生开放。